NEW: THE GREAT GRAZING GUIDE from The Prince’s Countryside Fund and McDonald’s UK.
Produced by Precision Grazing Ltd in response to the high increase in input costs faced by farmers over the last year. Click here to find out more.
“Not only will the ideas contained in this guide help save money….but they will also enable farmers to work with nature on their farm by focusing on the importance of soil health”Keith Halstead, Executive Director, The Prince’s Countryside Fund
Winter 2022/2023 – Forage Aid prepares for a busy feed campaign
Top 10 tips to optimise big bale silage quality
- Forage research scientist, Rhun Fychan from IBERS, Aberystwyth University, gives his top 10 tips for making the best big bale silage, click here to read them.
- AHDB provide a Cost Benefit Calculator for nitrogen fertiliser use on grassland
- Looking Ahead – Using excess winter rainfall data to plan nitrogen applications
Syngenta Public Policy Position on Soil Conservation – click here to view – download below.
- The AHDB Early Bird Survey is conducted every autumn to assess national cropping intentions. Click here to view the 2021 survey.
- AHDB Field drainage guide – click here to view – download below.
- The recommended list for cereals and oilseed 2022/2023 has been released by AHDB – click here to view – download below.
Soil management – how best to deal with the weather affecting the soil on your farm:
- Farmers Weekly have an online resource helping farmers with crop disease management, click here to view.
- The NFU have developed a plant health sustainable strategy to protect arable crops, click here to view. The strategy timeline can be downloaded below.
Plant health regulations
- EU plant health regulation changes click here. EU plant health rules, click here.
- DEFRA plant health controls, click here.