The Journey Ahead
The latest publication by The Farming Community Network, The Journey Ahead, will help you plan for the future of your farm business.
It includes input from more than 40 different organisations and experts across agriculture.
Through Q&As, articles, guidance and case studies, the publication contains a wide range of information sourced from industry experts around areas such as financial security, succession planning, diversification, retirement, mitigating TB, farm safety, wellbeing and more.
What changes may Farmers face in the coming future…
- Phasing out of direct payments
- Monitored regulations
- Rural Development Programme – Funding for Farmers and Land Managers
- Transition from Countryside Stewardship to the Environmental Land Management Scheme
- Preventing/reducing endemic disease in animals
- Funding and financial support
- Further information can be found on the DEFRA website: click here.
The Future Farming Resilience Fund: Access free support
- We have now reached the final part of the FFRF, with 17 further organisations to receive funding to offer free consulting advice to farm businesses from October 2022 onwards
- The Future Farming Resilience Fund is designed to provide business support to farmers and land managers during the early years of the agricultural transition
- Any farmer or land manager currently in receipt of Direct Payments is eligible to apply
- Click here to find out more, the details of those organisations, their location and their contact details.
- The below video shows 3 farmers who accessed business advice from the Future Farming Resilience Fund in the initial phase and their experience:
AHDB Farm Business Review
AHDB’s free Farm Business Review service is designed to help those most affected by the move away from direct payments prepare for the biggest agricultural policy shift in a generation. Providing a free and impartial service with expert advice and an online tool. Click here to register.
PCF – Farm Resilience Programme
The Prince’s Farm Resilience Programme offers free business skills training to family farmers across the UK. The programme is open to dairy and livestock family farm businesses and takes a whole- farm and whole- family approach. Click here to find out more.
- Transition is a new initiative from Farmers Weekly aimed at securing a sustainable future for your farm business, click here to find out more.
- Transition podcast, click here.