It is important to monitor and investigate the treatment of animal health and welfare.
- Advice and guidance on protecting animal welfare on farms, in transport, at markets and at slaughter can be found at: DEFRA guidance about animal welfare.
- If you suspect concern over the slaughtering of farm animals, contact The Food Standards Agency.
- If you are concerned about the way farm animals are being transported or treated at a livestock market, contact trading standards.
- If you have a farm animal enquiry that is not a welfare issue, contact The Animal and Plant Health Agency.
- If you see an animal on a farm in danger, distress, ill or injured, contact the RSPCA.
Avian Influenza: Housing measures have been lifted as of 23:59 on 31 March 2021, to find out more, click here.
‘How a farm has reduced lameness to 2% in an open flock’ click here to read an article with Farmers Weekly on how a farm ‘reduced lameness from 10% to 2% and cut antibiotic use by 30% by addressing the challenge of operating an open flock proactively.’