Planning ahead for possible events is essential for a farm business. Contingency planning ensures that farm businesses can return to normal after unforeseen circumstances with minimal damage and disruption.
Advice for those affected by flooding
- Forage Aid are there to help farmers affected by extreme weather conditions: Tel. 07967 219 991
- Gov Flooding advice for farmers and land managers, click here.
- AHDB advice on weather warnings and preparing for heavy rain, click here.
- R.A.B.I fast track to help flood-affected farmers, click here.
- NFU members advice for those affected by flooding, click here.
- RSPCA – Flooding advice – helping your animals get to safety, click here. Download flood advice poster below.
Alternatively call the FCN helpline on: 03000 111999
Soil management – how best to deal with the weather affecting the soil on your farm:
- Red Tractor Assurance have created an emergency plan that you can fill out and keep as a hard or soft copy on your farm, it can then be used as a guide in the case of an emergency. Download below.
If you would like to develop a more personalised contingency plan for your farm and farm business there are companies through a paid service who can help with this. Livetec Systems are a company who specialise in developing contingency plans for your farm and can help plan for disease outbreaks, business protection plans and animal welfare plans.
Contingency plan for disease:
What to do in the event of a disease outbreak crisis
- Guidance in England for contingency livestock planning can be found here – England (Hampshire County Council).
Contingency Plan for Exotic animal disease in Wales
- The following downloadable guides through the Welsh Government Contingency Plan for Exotic Notifiable Diseases of Animals 2018, click here. Download below.
Contingency planning for livestock disease Scotland
- Contingency planning for livestock diseases – Scotland (Business Companion)
Contingency plan for epizootic disease Northern Ireland
- Contingency Plan for Epizootic Disease – Northern Ireland (DAERA)
National Pig Association contingency plan for notifiable diease
- Contingency Planning for Notifiable Disease (National Pig Association)