Updated guidance to livestock markets, click here.
Lambing support with FCN and NFYFC
FCN and the National Federation of Young Farmers’ (NFYFC) Clubs are working together to support sheep farmers experiencing difficulties due to Covid-19 isolation rules. FCN and NFYFC are encouraging those with lambing experience who are able to help local farms on a voluntary basis to get in touch with FCN. If farmers or their staff are unable to work/travel, we’re suggesting they call FCN on 03000 111 999 who will endeavour to use local networks to find local help.
Staying Safe at marts
- Contact your local auctioneer for specific measures within individual livestock markets.
- 4 key ways farmers can stay safe while attending marts against the backdrop of the ongoing #Covid19 pandemic.
- Looking out for our fellow farmers and doing our part can help ensure marts continue to operate and business activity continues.
- AHDB advice for farmers and growers, click here.
- Gov advice for farmers, landowners and rural businesses, click here.
- GOV.UK – Claiming financial support under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme, click here.
- NFU Online coronavirus updates and advice, click here.
- FarmWell Home working guide, click here.
- NFU Mutual telephone health and safety support service. Helping our farmers and other business customers manage their risk, click here.
- NFU Mutual Risk Management Service, click here.
AHDB Download COVID 19 poster here .
AHDB Essential travel letter template, click here.
For information on TB testing during COVID-19, head over to the TB page, click here
COVID-19 AHDB podcasts:
Self isolation can be a lonely and difficult time for all, further information on isolation and loneliness, head over to the tab on FarmWell, click here.
Utilise the Farming Help helpline (operated by FCN) and respective organisations/volunteer networks, we can offer the following local support. Get in touch on 03000 111 999 if you:
- Feel concerned or anxious and would like to talk to someone who understands farming, will listen to you and help you think through your options
- Would like help to draft a contingency plan to ensure you and your farm are prepared, should you be unable to work for a time.
- If you or people you rely on become ill or are self-isolating and you need to find help locally- we will endeavour to find support for you in your local area. We will source contact details of local organisations and groups who may be able to assist you in finding help to feed livestock, collect shopping or collect prescriptions if you are unable to do so. This directory will be revised and updated in the coming weeks and months.
We would like to encourage everyone to take a proactive approach to the support being offered and available for you, reach out when you feel you may need that bit of extra help, advice or support.
We also encourage everyone in the farming community to follow the government guidelines on self isolation and social distancing.
AHDB Coronavirus helpdesk
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 02476 019361