Self Employment Income Support Scheme
- The second stage of Self Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) opened earlier this week. Millions of self-employed people whose livelihoods have been affected by coronavirus will be able to claim a second payment of up to £6,570.
- Over 2.7 million benefited from the first stage of the SEISS – with the government handing out £7.8 billion of grants to help them through the crisis.
- Further information is available here.
- AHDB advice for farmers and growers, click here.
- 9th April Gov advice for farmers, landowners and rural businesses, click here.
- GOV.UK – Claiming a grant through COVID-19, click here.
- NFU Online coronavirus updates and advice, click here.
- FarmWell Home working guide, click here.
- NFU Mutual telephone health and safety support service. Helping our farmers and other business customers manage their risk, click here.
- NFU Mutual Risk Management Service, click here.
- Extension of the job retention scheme until 31st October 2020, for further information click here.
AHDB Download COVID 19 poster here .
AHDB Essential travel letter template, click here.
Government support available to farmers:
- Bounce Back loans
- Coronavirus Business Interruption loan Scheme (CBILS)
- Daily Hardship Fund
- Small Business Rate Relief
- Small Business Grant fund
- Retail/Hospitality/Leisure Grant
- Self-employed Income Support Scheme
For information on TB testing during COVID-19, head over to the TB page, click here
COVID-19 AHDB podcasts:
IAgSA Virtual Training and Workshops, click here for more information.
Self isolation can be a lonely and difficult time for all, further information on isolation and loneliness, head over to the tab on FarmWell, click here.
Utilise the Farming Help helpline (operated by FCN) and respective organisations/volunteer networks, we can offer the following local support. Get in touch on 03000 111 999 if you:
- Feel concerned or anxious and would like to talk to someone who understands farming, will listen to you and help you think through your options
- Would like help to draft a contingency plan to ensure you and your farm are prepared, should you be unable to work for a time.
- If you or people you rely on become ill or are self-isolating and you need to find help locally- we will endeavour to find support for you in your local area. We will source contact details of local organisations and groups who may be able to assist you in finding help to feed livestock, collect shopping or collect prescriptions if you are unable to do so. This directory will be revised and updated in the coming weeks and months.
We would like to encourage everyone to take a proactive approach to the support being offered and available for you, reach out when you feel you may need that bit of extra help, advice or support.
We also encourage everyone in the farming community to follow the government guidelines on self isolation and social distancing.
AHDB Coronavirus helpdesk
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 02476 019361