The recommended list for cereals and oilseed 2019/2020/2021 has been released by AHDB – click here to view – download below.
AHDB Field drainage guide – click here to view – download below.
Too wet to drill?
- With the very wet weather the UK has experienced recently, drilling on arable farmland has been suspended in a lot of cases. Farmers debating whether to miss out on whole winter drops, and instead drilling for spring crops. Advice on what to do can be found on the below pages:
- The extreme wet weather has had a knock on affect for spring barley which is forecast to have a 28% increase, an additional 200,000ha totaling 915,000ha. There is also expected to be an increase in oats, expecting to reach 200,000ha. Click here to see more.
- AHDB Wet weather case studies
AHDB Early Bird Survey 2019
The EHB is conducted every autumn to assess national cropping intentions. Click here to view the survey.
Autumn Weather brings uncharted territory for farmers:
Farmers tell how they have been coping with the recent heavy rainfall.
Soil management – how best to deal with the weather affecting the soil on your farm:
- Farmers Weekly have an online resource helping farmers with crop disease management, click here to view.
- The NFU have developed a plant health sustainable strategy to protect arable crops, click here to view. The strategy timeline can be downloaded below.
Plant health regulations
- EU regulation change 14th December 2019, click here. New EU plant health rules, click here.
- DEFRA plant health controls, click here.
- DEFRA importing and exporting plants if there is a no-deal Brexit, click here.