Farming diversification can help in modifying the current farm business model into paths that may improve profit and income, as well as improving the quality of life for the farmer. This can help protect against crises and risk an insurance project to fall back on.
NFU Diversification report 2020
- The NFU diversification report 2020 covers the latest news and case studies on farm diversification projects, click here to view or download below. See also NFU podcasts and video below.
Building an industrial strategy
- Farming and food and the Industrial Strategy: Strategies for Agricultural Technology (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills)
- Industrial strategy for farming (Defra)
- Farm diversification (NI Business Info)
- Festive diversification – Rural Solutions
Direction on how to make the most of your business
How British farms are diversifying
- CPRE Building resilience through diversification – download below.
Strutt and Parker have outlined: how to avoid the Pitfalls of farm diversification: Click here.
Check out these podcasts on farming diversification
- Farm diversification – ahead of the field (NFU Mutual)