Application for diversification grant
- The government on the 4th November 2019 opened the opportunity to apply for a grant between £20,000-£750,000 from the £35m EU-funded growth programme.
- Applications are open until 16th February 2020.
- The programme is aimed towards diversification of rural businesses to diversify, grow their businesses and generate jobs – looking for developing into the future.
- If you are interested in the grant and want to check if your business is eligible contact:
- GPEnquiries@rpa.gov.uk or call the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) helpline on 03000 200 301.
Farming diversification can help in modifying the current farm business model into paths that may improve profit and income, as well as improving the quality of life for the farmer. This can help protect against crises and risk an insurance project to fall back on:
Building an industrial strategy
- Farming and food and the Industrial Strategy: Strategies for Agricultural Technology (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills)
- Industrial strategy for farming (Defra)
- Farm diversification (NI Business Info)
Direction on how to make the most of your business
How British farms are diversifying
Strutt and Parker have outlined: how to avoid the Pitfalls of farm diversification: Click here.
Check out these podcasts on farming diversification
- Farming diversification (NFU Mutual)