What changes may Farmers face in the coming future…
- Phasing out of direct payments
- Monitored regulations
- Rural Development programme
- Transition from Countryside Stewardship to the Environmental Land Management Scheme
- Preventing/reducing endemic disease in animals
- Funding and financial support
- Impact of Brexit
- Further information can be found on the DEFRA website: click here.
- DEFRA’S vision for the future of British Agriculture, click here.
The Future Farming Resilience Fund: access free support
- Defra has announced 19 organisations that will receive funding to offer free consulting advice to farm businesses from August onwards
- The Future Farming Resilience Fund is designed to provide business support to farmers and land managers during the early years of the agricultural transition
- Any farmer or land manager currently in receipt of Direct Payments is eligible to apply
- Click here to find out more, the details of those 19 organisations, their location and their contact details.
- The below video shows 3 farmers who accessed business advice from the Future Farming Resilience Fund in the initial phase and their experience:
AHDB Farm Business Review
AHDB’s free Farm Business Review service is designed to help those most affected by the move away from direct payments prepare for the biggest agricultural policy shift in a generation. Providing a free and impartial service with expert advice and an online tool. Click here to register.
PCF – Farm Resilience Programme
The Prince’s Farm Resilience Programme offers free business skills training to family farmers across the UK. The programme is open to dairy and livestock family farm businesses and takes a whole- farm and whole- family approach. Click here to find out more.
- Transition is a new initiative from Farmers Weekly aimed at securing a sustainable future for your farm business, click here to find out more.
- Transition podcast, click here.