What changes may Farmers face in the coming future…
- Phasing out of direct payments
- Monitored regulations
- Rural Development programme
- Transition from Countryside Stewardship to the Environmental Land Management Scheme
- Preventing/reducing endemic disease in animals
- Funding and financial support
- Impact of Brexit
- Further information can be found on the DEFRA website: click here.
- DEFRA’S vision for the future of British Agriculture, click here.
Consultation on changes to the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
The Government on 19 May published a consultation on changes to the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) to support farmers through the agricultural transition period from now until 2027 which will deliver a better, fairer farming system in England. Click here to find out more.
The Future Farming Resilience Fund: access free support
- Defra has announced 19 organisations that will receive funding to offer free consulting advice to farm businesses from August onwards
- The Future Farming Resilience Fund is designed to provide business support to farmers and land managers during the early years of the agricultural transition
- Any farmer or land manager currently in receipt of Direct Payments is eligible to apply
- Click here to find out more, the details of those 19 organisations, their location and their contact details.