Financial management skills can support in improving the farm businesses profitability and flow of work.
How to improve efficiency and control costs
- Barclays have outlined the basics of farm benchmarking, its impact on investment as well as putting benchmarking into practice: click here to view.
Food industry sustainability strategy
- DEFRA have created a downloadable document on their Food Industry Sustainable Strategy (download below), detailing sustainable consumption and production and corporate social responsibility.
CAAV – The Central Association of Agricultural Valuers
- Agricultural and rural valuers who provide professional advice and valuation expertise on issues affecting the countryside.
- These can cover many topics, including tenancy matters, sales and purchase of farms and land, taxation, compulsory purchase of land and property, auctioneering, conservation issues and farming business advice.
- Click here to find out more.
- ADAS provide a consultancy and advice service, click here to contact.
- NFU Mutual provide a financial advice service, click here to contact.
Thrive: Financial Wellbeing Developing a Healthy Money Mindset click here for their website.
- Agrii provide downloadable documents on arable benchmarking, and 10 ways to help the farm business grow (downloads below).
- ADAS Farmer sustainability assessment benchmarking
- GOV.UK Farm business and financial planning
- AHDB Farmbench