Flooding: Building resilience into farm water management
- Building resilience through water management is something that needs to be addressed for times of extreme weather in the UK.
- Dales to Vale Rivers Network have produced a downloadable resource, covering the measures to take when managing flooding in lowland areas, click here. Download below.
- Environment Agency flood recovery advice for the agricultural sector, click here to view. Download below.
- A guide on how to harvest rainwater on a farm, click here.
Flood recovery fund from February 2020 flooding
- £6m government fund to support farmers seriously affected by February’s record-breaking floods opened for applications now (from 18th June).
- Those eligible farmers and landowners in parts of Herefordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and North and East Yorkshire can apply for between £500 and £25,000 under the Farming Recovery Fund to support their recovery efforts.
- Click here to find our more.
- Check eligibility in handbook here.
- Applications close 1st September 2020.
Advice for those affected by flooding
- Forage Aid are there to help farmers affected by extreme weather conditions: Tel. 07967 219 991
- Gov Flooding advice for farmers and land managers, click here.
- AHDB advice on weather warnings and preparing for heavy rain, click here.
- R.A.B.I fast track to help flood-affected farmers, click here.
- NFU members advice for those affected by flooding, click here.
- RSPCA – Flooding advice – helping your animals get to safety, click here. Download flood advice poster below.
- DEFRA announced a Farming Recovery Fund for those in the Wainfleet and North Yorkshire area affected by flooding that will be available to apply for up until the 31st March 2020, click here to find out more.
- South Yorkshire Flood Disaster Relief appeal fund, click here.
Alternatively call the FCN helpline on: 03000 111999