Flooding: Building resilience into farm water management
- Building resilience through water management is something that needs to be addressed for times of extreme weather in the UK.
- Dales to Vale Rivers Network have produced a downloadable resource, covering the measures to take when managing flooding in lowland areas, click here. Download below.
- Environment Agency flood recovery advice for the agricultural sector, click here to view. Download below.
- A guide on how to harvest rainwater on a farm, click here.
Advice for those affected by flooding
- Forage Aid are there to help farmers affected by extreme weather conditions: Tel. 07967 219 991
- Gov Flooding advice for farmers and land managers, click here.
- AHDB advice on weather warnings and preparing for heavy rain, click here.
- R.A.B.I fast track to help flood-affected farmers, click here.
- NFU members advice for those affected by flooding, click here.
- RSPCA – Flooding advice – helping your animals get to safety, click here. Download flood advice poster below.
Alternatively call the FCN helpline on: 03000 111999