Farming remains one of our country’s most hazardous industries; accounting for 1% of workers but 22% of all worker fatalities (HSE).
In order for farm businesses to stay sustainable, health and safety measures need to be put in place and addressed, particularly in the farming community, as dealing with large machinery can often increase vulnerability to those workers.
- The Tilly trailer Pass offers the opportunity for trailers to be maintained to the legal standard. For further information click here.
- To ask a question or Book your trailer for a Tilly, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the Head to Tow app here to find the daily checklist for your trailer or find an authorised mechanic to carry out the Tilly Pass annual 18 point inspection on your trailer.
Safe Ag Systems
Safe Ag Systems is a safety management software for agribusiness in Australia. See below some links that are generalised to managing safety in agriculture.
- How to manage safety in agriculture, click here.
- 4 Steps in Risk Management to keep S.A.F.E. click here.
- Why it important to keep record keeping in agriculture current, click here.
Farm Safety Foundation/Yellow Wellies
The Farm Safety Foundation have developed a series of guides that can be downloaded below:
- Agriculture Health and Safety (HSE)
- The Farm Safety Foundation (Yellow Wellies)
- YFC Farm Safety (NFYFC)
- Farmwise – Your essential guide to health and safety in agriculture (HSE) – download below.
- What a good farm looks like – this guide helps you and other farmers understand common risks to health and safety on your farm (HSE) – download below.
Further information on farm safety can be found on the Personal Resilience page under working safely.