Learning from change
It is important to have your business in a position that can face change. During our lives we will be confronted with aspects of change which we may have no other choice than to face head on, such as political change with Brexit or natural change such as climate change, resulting in increased periods of flooding and droughts.
Developing resilience will ensure your business is prepared for the effects of climate change so that you can progress and shift through these tough times. Prior to building resilience you may have been in a position that when faced with a natural disaster your business may have struggled to cope, seeing this change as a bridge that could not be crossed. Instead being prepared within your business for change will ensure that you can confidently face it head on.
Flooding: Building resilience into farm water management
- Building resilience through water management is something that needs to be addressed for times of extreme weather in the UK.
- Dales to Vale Rivers Network have produced a downloadable resource, covering the measures to take when managing flooding in lowland areas, click here. Download below.
- Environment Agency flood recovery advice for the agricultural sector, click here to view. Download below.
Climate change – a farming view, click here.
5 ways UK farmers are tackling climate change
- The BBC have outlined 5 ways in which farmers are tackling climate change as they are often at the front line of extreme weather conditions, click here to view.
- AHDB have an online page on drought advice, tips to manage produce after a drought, fire prevention, reducing heat stress on livestock etc. click here to view.
- NFU learning lessons from the 2018 drought, click here. Download below.
- Advice for managing forage supplies during a drought, click here.
- Environment Agency – drought response for rural England, click here. Download below.