Personal management and organisation in the workplace is just as important as being able to manage others.
- It is important that farm life has balance.
- Building on all aspects of the personal and business side of the farm are essential to lead a positive and productive future.
- 2 Minute Farmer have developed a resource called the ‘Tractor Wheel of Life’, reminding you of all aspects within farming life that need to be considered to have a balanced smooth flow of work.
- Some aspects to the wheel can often be forgotten which reflect on the business and personal side of life in an uneven, stressful and bumpy work flow.
- Follow the ‘Tractor Wheel of Life‘ under downloads below to self assess yourself and see where may need improving to develop resilience and balance.
Building your personal resilience and well-being will help balance your personal and business life, having your mental well-being understood and in a stable place will better aid to the business resilience side of the farm. Some examples can be seen below and further can be found under Personal Well-being on FarmWell.
- It is important to have people to talk to as well as and aside from farming matters, acting as a good distraction for your mental well-being.
- An example could be setting enough time aside to ensure quality time is had with family members, joining a social club such as the local YFC or local village groups, alternatively online social forums can be good to interact with like minded people, such forums and groups can be found on FarmWell under Farming Forums and Social Groups .
Mental wellbeing balance
- You may find it difficult on the farm to focus on tasks and take control of situations if your mental well-being is in an unstable place.
- A good place to being developing your mental well-being could be through Mindfulness.
These two examples above provide just a snipit of ways to develop your personal resilience, further information on developing personal resilience can be found under Personal Well-being on FarmWell.