Events and webinars:
LEAF Open Farm Sunday
- LEAF Open Farm Sunday is on 27th June 2021
- To visit a farm on LEAF Open Farm Sunday, put 27th June date in your diary and visit LEAF’s website here to find out more.
- Cereals 2021 will take place on 30th June – 1st July 2021
- To find out more, click here.
AHDB mental wellbeing webinars
AHDB hosted a weekly series of 6 webinars focussing on mental health and wellbeing for those working in and with the agriculture and horticulture sectors, supported by Co-op Farming & Food. All webinars can be viewed, click here.
AHDB webinar on ‘Mental health in farming: where next?’
- In this webinar, AHDB discusses how to raise awareness of mental health for those working in and with the agriculture and horticulture sectors.
- Guest speaker Aarun Naik speaks about his Nuffield research on achieving change in attitudes towards mental health and farmer Will Evans shares his personal experience of struggling with poor mental health and the importance of viewing mental health in the same light as your physical health.
- Watch below or here.
DEFRA Future Farming Podcast
DEFRA Future Farming Podcast, click here to listen.
AHDB have a range of podcasts equipping the industry with easy to use, practical know-how which you can apply to make better decisions and improve your business productivity. Click here to explore further.
Eat Farm Now
The Eat Farm Now website will direct you to the best podcasts, blogs, stories, videos from passionate industry groups, farmers, chefs etc from around the world, click here to find out more.
The Farmer Network
The Farmer Network supports farmers and their businesses, addressing queries and challenges that they have in their businesses. Their website can be found here.
NFU Mutual – Ahead of the Field
NFU Mutual have launched a series of podcasts, proving an insight into farm business topics, click here.
InContact – Syngenta
A monthly podcast hosted by Syngenta, covering topics within the agricultural industry, both in the UK and globally, click here.
Last week FCN’s Mark Thomas, Helpline Manager appeared on the latest episode of Syngenta’s #InContact podcast this week. Mark talks about the busy Harvest period, calls to FCN’s Helpline over the last few months and Time to Plan, our new initiative to support farmers through periods of change. Listen here.
Rock and Roll Farming
Farming podcast hosted by Will Evans – ‘Wanna get to know the people who produce the food that you eat?’ click here.
AHDB have a series of podcasts relating to Brexit and its effect on different sectors of the farming community:
Croptec show podcast
The podcast is a collaboration between Arable Farming magazine and the CropTec Show, hosted by Alice Dyer, journalist by day, farmer by night. Whether you’re thinking of trying a new system, concerned about crop protection or you just want to know what’s going on in your neighbour’s fields, CropTec will cover it all over the next few months. Click here to listen.
Kite Consulting Milk Market Update & Farming Lockdown Life & Personal Resilience, click here.
Over the Farm Gate
Join Farmers Guardian Editor Ben Briggs, and Head of News and Business Olivia Midgley, for weekly thought provoking and lighthearted debate around the key issues affecting farming, food and the countryside right now. Click here.