This section will provide a practical guide for what happens after someone passes away.
Important things to consider when someone passes away
- AGE UK – what to do when someone dies, click here.
- Registering a death, click here.
- When choosing a funeral director, ensure they are registered with at least one of the following organisations:
Digital legacy planning
- A digital legacy is the digital information that is available about someone following their death. This might include their social media profiles, online conversations, photos, videos, gaming profiles and their website or blog.
- A digital legacy can be altered, edited and changed before, during or after someone’s death. Making plans for your online accounts and digital legacy cannot be undertaken by a third party, plans should be made by you.
- To find out more and how you can plan for your digital legacy, visit the Digital Legacy Association.
Death and coping with grief on the farm
It can often be hard to grieve whilst maintaining or working on a busy farm:
Recommended bereavement support contacts:
- Cruse Bereavement Counselling – available throughout the UK, helpline: 0808 808 1677
- Countryside funeral care provide support for farming families. They offer help in experiencing grief and coping strategies in time of need: countryside funerals.