RPA Document Submission Table shows the different ways you can submit claims and documents, click here to view.
The Property Flood Resilience (PFR) scheme extension
- DEFRA extends £5,000 grant scheme for flood-hit homes by 9 months
- The PFR scheme is administered through local authorities. Members of the public should contact their council directly to access eligibility criteria and the application process for individual schemes. For further information, click here.
Be wary of Rural Payment fraudsters –
- The RPA issued new guidance: “We do not send emails or text messages with links to websites asking you to confirm your personal details or payment information.” – click here for further infromation.
- HMRC – “Do not open attachments or click any links in an email or text message, as they may contain malicious software or direct you to a bogus website.” click here to find out more.
- If you suspect an attempted fraud or feel you’ve been the subject of fraud, you can contact: RPA’s Fraud Referral Team on 0800 347 347 or FraudInConfidence@rpa.gov.uk; Action Fraud (the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cyber-crime) on 0300 123 2040
Government to cut red tape for farmers as they plan for 2021
- Farmers in England are set to benefit from a reduced administrative burden next year, as the government plans to end the need to comply with the EU-delivered “greening requirements” and begin the move towards its new Environmental Land Management scheme.
- Under government plans to simplify the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) and cut red tape faced by farmers during the agricultural transition period, farmers will have a reduced administrative burden and will no longer have to comply with the “greening requirements” with effect from the 2021 scheme year. Read more: here
Grants on offer in the south-east of England to support bees and improve pollinator habitat in the South Downs, click here to find our more.
The Basic Payment Scheme is a safety net for farmers as a supplement to their main farm business income, more information on how to apply for it and what it involves can be accessed here.
- Basic Payment Scheme (for farmers in the EU) (Rural Payments Agency)
- Claiming BPS 2020 and greening payments in extreme weather, click here.
Catchment Sensitive Farming – Training, advice and grant support for farmers and land managers to reduce water and air pollution from agriculture, click here.
- Funding for farmers, woodland owners, foresters and land managers to make environmental improvements – Countryside stewardship
- Responsible use and protection of the natural environment through conservation and sustainable practices – Environmental stewardship
Make or update a rural payments claim, click here.