- RPA Document Submission Table shows the different ways you can submit claims and documents, click here to view.
- RPA Kay dates for 2021/2022 can be seen below:
Consultation on changes to the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
- The Government on 19 May published a consultation on changes to the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) to support farmers through the agricultural transition period from now until 2027 which will deliver a better, fairer farming system in England.
- The consultation will be open for 12 weeks and focuses on two key areas: the lump sum exit scheme and delinked payments. The closing date of the consultation is 11 August.
- Click here to find out more.
George Stephens Trust Fund – The Addington Fund
The Addington Fund are keen to promote the George Stephens Trust Fund. Aimed at farmworkers (note; not contractors), grants of up to £600 are paid out in hardship cases, click here to find out more.
Funding for farmers in protected landscapes
The Farming in Protected Landscapes programme is a part of Defra’s Agricultural Transition Plan. It will offer funding to farmers and land managers in Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), National Parks and the Broads. Click here to find out more.
The Property Flood Resilience (PFR) scheme extension
- DEFRA extends £5,000 grant scheme for flood-hit homes by 9 months
- The PFR scheme is administered through local authorities. Members of the public should contact their council directly to access eligibility criteria and the application process for individual schemes. For further information, click here.
Be wary of Rural Payment fraudsters –
- The RPA issued new guidance: “We do not send emails or text messages with links to websites asking you to confirm your personal details or payment information.” – click here for further infromation.
- HMRC – “Do not open attachments or click any links in an email or text message, as they may contain malicious software or direct you to a bogus website.” click here to find out more.
- If you suspect an attempted fraud or feel you’ve been the subject of fraud, you can contact: RPA’s Fraud Referral Team on 0800 347 347 or FraudInConfidence@rpa.gov.uk; Action Fraud (the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cyber-crime) on 0300 123 2040
The Basic Payment Scheme is a safety net for farmers as a supplement to their main farm business income, more information on how to apply for it and what it involves can be accessed here.
- Basic Payment Scheme (for farmers in the EU) (Rural Payments Agency)
Catchment Sensitive Farming – Training, advice and grant support for farmers and land managers to reduce water and air pollution from agriculture, click here.
- Funding for farmers, woodland owners, foresters and land managers to make environmental improvements – Countryside stewardship
- Responsible use and protection of the natural environment through conservation and sustainable practices – Environmental stewardship
Make or update a rural payments claim, click here.