Ensuring that the safety of those working on the farm is controlled to minimise the risk of accidents.
NFU Mutual have training courses aimed at maintaining and increasing competence in the workplace. For further information click here.
- The Yorkshire Agricultural society have published a document on introducing farm safety check ups into your daily routine, ensuring risks are minimised and things are not forgotten about which may have long term negative impacts, click here to read.
Mind Your Head campaign
The #MindYourHead campaign highlights the important link between wellbeing and safety, as well as the effect stress has on farmers and the potential lead to accidents.
The Little Book of Minding Your Head (Yellow Wellies)
Farm Safety Week 2021 campaign on ‘Rethink Risk‘ with the Farm Safety Foundation
The below film highlights the concept of risk assessments, making them real and relatable, click here to read more. Watch the film below:
HSE essential information and guidance on health and safety in agriculture
- Managing safe workplace transport.
- What you should know about tractors and other self-propelled vehicles.
- Working at heights – preventing falls.
- Electricity safety.
- Safe use of machinery.
- Chainsaw and tree work.
Safe Ag Systems machinery safety
- Machinery maintenance – are your records easy to access? click here to read more.
- Have you planned how to keep people safe around moving vehicles? click here to read more.
- Safe Ag Systems have officially launched their free Risk Assessment Tool! Streamline how you identify the hazards, control the risks and keep your workers safe. Click the image below to find out more.