It is important to stay connected within the farming community through personal relationships within the family as well as through rural networks.
A guide to rural community resilience, click here to view.
National Farmers’ Union
- Being a member of the NFU connects you with 55,000 farming and growing businesses: click here.
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs
- Joining the YFC can help young people integrate into the farming community, it is currently one of the rural youth organisations in the UK. To join the YFC follow this link: click here.
A cooperative is a business controlled and owned by members who share the profits equally, all working towards a common goal. There are over 400 farming Cooperatives in the UK with around half of UK farmers being involved in these businesses.
Cooperatives UK have created a downloadable resource on agricultural cooperatives listing the 25 largest farming cooperatives in the UK:
The Farming Life Centre
- The Farming Life Centre are a group in the Peak District supporting farmers and those in the rural community, their aim is to develop resilience within the farming community before a point of crisis is reached: Rural social groups – The Farming Life Centre.
Derbyshire farmer social groups
- Rural action Derbyshire – supporting those in the rural communities of Derbyshire.
- Find a group of innovative farmers near you and join their network: Find a group.