Succession planning is essential to protect your assets, your business, your family and more broadly the future viability of the farming industry.
Succession planning guide
- Farmers Guardian have developed a Succession Planning booklet which can be viewed online here.
- The booklet provides as a guide to planning for the future. With specific focus on tips for ongoing communication, making your will fit with your succession plan, having a power of attorney, and planning for retirement and succession.
Succession planning service
- NFU Mutual succession planning service click here – If you would like to enquire more into succession planning you can directly enquire to NFU Mutual through this link.
- #FarmtheFuture – Barclays succession plans, click here to find out more.
AHDB – Planning succession on a family farm:
- AHDB have a podcast episode aimed directly on succession planning:
Book onto a farm business succession meeting:
- Siân Bushell Associates based in South West Wales offers farming business succession meetings across the UK, click here to find out more.
NFU Mutual have created a downloadable resource to successfully keeping the farm in the family Download
The Farmers Guardian have a downloadable resource on an Intelligence guide to Succession Planning :Download
The National Federation of Young Farmer’s Clubs provides further information through a downloadable succession advice guide: Download
2 Minute Farmer have produced a resource that can be downloaded/printed and completed as a family exercise in understanding the importance of having a succession plan in place: Download
Share this page